Tuesday, March 11, 2014

MALWARE/SPYWARE 101

I have been hacked three times on FACEBOOK.  When I say "hacked," I mean that "suspicious" people, with no friends, have invaded my Facebook page and initiated a "chat" with me.  I checked my "friends" and found them there.  I immediately "defriended" them.  How did they become my friends without my permission?  Malware!

I have been attacked by an "Ad-Ware" virus which constantly threw up "Pop-Up Ads," and also hindered other aspects of my computer.  I could not uninstall this program myself and had to hire two support guys to clean-up my computer, which took them three hours as the "took over" my computer.  I watched as they went through numerous maneuvers to accomplish getting rid of this malware.

If support people can "take over" a person's computer to change all sorts of things, so can hackers.

No long after, I lost the ability to gain access to the Internet directly.  However, I could go through Google to get on the Internet, so I knew it was still there but unattainable.  This time, I checked my programs and found several programs that the names began with Tong.  I was able to uninstall this myself, and when I re-booted my computer, the ability to directly access the Internet was magically back in place.

Recently, Fox News reported on hackers gaining access to the US Naval Internet System, and later reported on "Data Random" malware where hackers can gain access to data, and hold it for ransom to obtain money.  Sounds like something out of a movie.  No?

Readers need to become more paranoid and "educated" about about increasing malware problems that are creating havoc for people who use the Internet.  The following is a "MUST READ" interesting article copied and pasted from a website: 
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/antivirusantispyware/a/malware101.htm
This link also provides another link on how to rid a computer from malware and keep it clean.
 http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/antivirusantispyware/a/malware101_2.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. Sign/type your name...or you can simply remain anonmyous.